Episode3: The Secret to Having an Empowered Relationship
What makes a good relationship?
- Everybody says that communication is the key to having a good relationship
- I disagree
- I believe that you must establish other things before you can have good communication
- Safety and Connection
- No communication without Safety
- No safety without Connection
- Novelty keeps things fresh and exciting
- Holding space
- No judgment
- Sex positivity can create safety
- Being open
- Not taking things personally
- Taking a break
- What kinds of things make you feel connected?
- Are you familiar with Love Languages?
- Gary Chapman “The 5 Love Languages” (refer to training materials)
- Physical Touch
- Words of Affirmation
- Quality Time
- Acts of Service
- Attachment styles
- Anxious - Preoccupied
- Dismissive Avoidant
- Fearful Avoidant - Disorganized
- How does attachment style affect our connection and safety?
Creating Safety and Connection starts with you
- Connection to ourselves aka Self Love
- Inner Child Work
- Boundary Setting
- What is Novelty?
- How does it create Empowered Relationships?
- We are wired for Novelty
- Sex Life
- Social Life